Barbecue Kumara Wedges and Haloumi Salad
500g Kumara, peeled, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp foodies Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp MasterFoods Lemon Herb & Garlic Spice Blend
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 150g (1 cup) drained canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup creamy herb dressing
Place Kumara in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a square of wet paper towel. Microwave on High for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drizzle over half the oil and half the spice blend. Toss until coated. Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium-high. Grill sweet potato, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly charred.
Pat dry the haloumi with paper towel. Sprinkle with remaining spice blend. Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook haloumi for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden.
Arrange the cos leaves in a serving bowl. Top with the onion, cucumber, sweet potato, haloumi, chickpeas and mint. Season. Drizzle over the dressing
- foodies for food lovers