Grated Carrot Salad In foodies Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This simple dish is bursting with flavour and works beautifully alongside barbecued meats.
- 4 carrots, coarsely grated
- Thumb of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, or a pinch of chilli powder (more or less, to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large lemon or 2 small limes, juice and zest
- Glug of foodies Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of foodies Organic Flaky Sea Salt
- Drizzle of honey
- Large handful of sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Large handful of fresh coriander
- Mix the carrots, ginger, chilli, garlic and lemon or lime. Drizzle in a glug of foodies Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a pinch of salt. Toss.
- Let the flavours mingle for at least 15 mins, or up to overnight
- Taste. Add a drop of honey to soften the heat, if needed. Finish with toasted seeds and herbs. Gently mix and serve.
- foodies for food lovers