Foodies Winter Lentil, Barley & Vegetable Soup
Time to Make 1-2 hours
2 tbsp foodies Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 carrot, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp pearl barley
½ cup red lentils
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground paprika
½ tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
1 cub vegetable stock
1 can crushed tomatoes
4 cups water
1 tsp wine or white vinegar
- Heat foodies Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Add onion, celery and carrot and cook gently until softened
- Add garlic, barley, lentils, cumin, coriander, paprika, chilli and stock cube and cook while stirring for a further minute. Crush the stock cube while stirring.
- Add tomatoes, water and vinegar and simmer gently for approximately 1 hour or until the barley and lentils have softened.
- If the soup becomes too thick, add some water.
- Sprinkle with foodies Organic Flaky Sea Salt when serving
- foodies for food lovers