1. Preheat your oven to 180°c
2. Measure the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.
3. Make a well in the centre and pour in the water and oil.
4. Mix thoroughly until the sides of the bowl come clean. You’ll have a sticky dough.
5. Transfer the dough to a well floured bench and divide into two.
6. Pat into a rectangle and roll out thinly (you want a rectangle about 20cm x 30cm). If it sticks to the bench and/or the rolling pin, simply sprinkle on more flour.
7. Transfer to a lined baking sheet and score into cracker shapes.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes checking regularly to make sure the outside crackers aren’t burning. If they are, simply remove them and carry on baking the rest.
9. When they are browned and crunchy, remove them from the oven and split into your scored shapes.
10. Leave to cool and enjoy with your favourite cheese, dip or just on their own!!!
These crackers keep well in an airtight container for about a week.
We have added a few Tbsp of poppy seeds and linseeds but if you don’t have these, just add some other seeds you have got!! The recipe will be just fine without any seeds as well if you don't have any.
Feel free to swap the wholemeal flour for plain (or use a cup of each!!).
Rosemary is a great herb to add, but you could try thyme, oregano or even sage if you have it in the garden. You can get creative with your flavours and use any combo of herbs and spices you like!! Cumin seeds would be an awesome one to try and for a bit more spice, try a few tsp of smoked paprika.