Foodies Sausage Rolls
Serves 6 (makes 2 large sausage rolls)
1 tablespoon foodies Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon Moroccan spice seasons
600g beef mince
¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
1 egg yolk
2 sheets ready-rolled pastry
2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
1 teaspoon foodies Flaky Sea Salt
Tomato chutney, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat the foodies Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Add the Moroccan seasoning and cook for a further minute. Set aside.
- Place the mince, egg and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Add the onion mixture and mix well to combine.
- Place the egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the pastry sheets on a lightly floured work surface. Divide the filling between the pastry sheets, forming a log along the bottom edge of each. Brush the far end of the pastry sheets with the egg yolk mixture then roll up to enclose, overlapping the seam slightly.
- Place seam side down on the prepared baking tray. Score the tops of each roll, then brush with the egg yolk mixture and sprinkle with the black sesame seeds and foodies Flaky Sea Salt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and the filling is cooked through.
- foodies for food lovers