Food Integrity Conference 2016
Food Safety Minister, the Hon Jo Goodhew, opened New Zealand's inaugural global Food Integrity Conference held in Auckland on 13 July.
Initiated by local company, Asia Pacific Centre for Food Integrity, New Zealand's supply chain with China was at the forefront of the conference which came at a key time on the world stage for food safety with regulations and requirements changing worldwide and impacting the entire food chain.
Local business women Rachael Speedy, Managing Director of NZ Premium Foods, knows the value of premium food from New Zealand and spoke on 'Building Reputation: Building Brands Across Borders'.
Developing markets, especially China, are driving New Zealand’s food and beverage export growth with Asia now the largest destination region.
International keynote speakers included:
- Col. John Hoffman from the Food Protection and Defence Institute – a US Department of Homeland Security Centre of Excellence.
- Sonia Bradley from the World Bank, Global Food Safety Programme
- Professor Wu, Chief Scientist, China National Centre of Food Risk Assessment in Beijing; and
- Kevin Wang, Editor-in-Chief, China Food Safety Magazine.
- Karl Ye, Managing Director, GMP Pharmaceuticals, joined the Executive Director of Export NZ, Catherine Beard and Hamish Findlay, General Manager, ESR Ltd to discuss export opportunities.
- Foodiesnz Admin